Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MagicJack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#1 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

Does anybody here using MagicJack (MJ)? Is there a known issue between Verizon cell phones and the magicJack?
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Known issue meaning what?

Clarity problems during conversations?

#3 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

I use a Magic Jack, what issue between it and Verizon cell phones are you referring to? Magic Jack isn't cell based but you might be referring to the femtocell device that the Magic Jack company has said they will release soon.

Edited by strolln, 16 April 2011 - 11:55 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#4 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

The issue I'm referring to is that, verizon cell phone numbers can't call/dial magicJack numbers because it's giving an error message saying : "you have reached a non-working number" but it works using another cell phone not provided by Verizon
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#5 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

And by the way strolln, how's the performance of your MJ device? Are you getting the same issue as I do?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

The issue I'm referring to is that, verizon cell phone numbers can't call/dial magicJack numbers because it's giving an error message saying : "you have reached a non-working number" but it works using another cell phone not provided by Verizon

Odd.

We have MJ as well.

No known problems from any Family\Friends that have verizon cell`s.

#7 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

And by the way strolln, how's the performance of your MJ device? Are you getting the same issue as I do?

I have Verizon cell phone as well as the MJ and have no issue calling the MJ from the cell or the other way around. The performance has been pretty much flawless, no one knows that I'm using the MJ unless I tell them. I have only a 1.5M internet connection (slow by today's standards) but the MJ works great.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#8 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hi black icon,

I suggest you to please visit the technical support of magicJack. When you are connected, ask directly for a higher support so that your issue will be taken cared off right away. This issue has to be escalated to the engineers. You may use this link to contact a technical support http://www.magicJack.com/faq/

(smile)

#9 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Thanks corneto_20. I will and I'll post back here whatever the results are. Hopefully this will be taken cared of the soonest time possible. I'll give it a try for it's working using others just fine.

#10 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

Not a problem...

Corneto_20

#11 black_icon

black_icon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

I contacted and chatted with magicJack tech support team and relayed them my current problem and they suggested me to contact Verizon and let them (verizon) route the call properly. When I contacted Verizon, they claimed that they don't have any problems and the calls were being routed properly. They added that the culprit is not from their end but from magicJack's end. I really don't know now what to do and wondering about this problem because I can receive calls from other numbers just fine.:huh:

#12 hudiva100

hudiva100

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

I was just searching about this issue. It's been a problem for my family for a few months now, but I'm just starting to really get annoyed with it. I have 3 people in my immediate family that use Magic Jack for their home phones and I cannot call them from my Verizon phone without getting the "non working number" message. I'm going to continue searching for some answers as it seems that neither Magic Jack nor Verizon want to take responsibility for issue.

#13 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

cannot call them from my Verizon phone without getting the "non working number" message.

Sounds like something your local State Public Service Commission could help with.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#14 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I used to see a lot of finger pointing back when I worked for the old Bell System. Write to your state utility board (call, if you want, but follow up in writing) and send copies to Verizon and Magic Jack. Verizon will be most concerned with state involvement, but you should keep MJ ut to date.

#15 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

This seems to be an Interconnection agreement problem between 2 parties.. I know some people with the same problems. Also black_icon Were you able to call Verizon numbers before? Problem just recently started? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users