Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC parts damaged?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

This is my story. My father has a dell inspiron 580S
Specs:
intel Core i3
6GB RAM
640GB HDD
Integrated graphics

The problem is that the PC fall from my father hands to the floor (like 5 feet altitude) and it is all.
The fans are destroyed, the cards reader are destroyed, the DVD drive too. My father not use it from the fall and give it to me. I open it and take out all the parts. the mobo looks intact. I bought a new case, new DVD drive, new car reader, new CPU fan and new HDD (I dont know if the old HDD works). I dont know if is good idea to buy a new PSU, the actual psu looks good to me. I just want to rebuilt it all and cross my fingers and hope that the pc works. I making anything wrong? Any recommendation?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

the mobo is a DH57MO2 motherboard

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

if nothings rattling inside that PSU, I would say wouldn't hurt to give it a try, throw it all together and give it a shot.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

I can buy later a better PSU (For gaming purposes) and use it with this MOBO? or is better to change the MOBO for a gaming MOBO first? The stock PSU looks good I power it (with no load) and the green light shows up so i think that it is ok.

#5 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Yes, you can buy a better PSU and use it with this motherboard, though you would be best served by following the_partiot11's advice and putting it all together first to find out if it will even power up. Once you've established that the mobo, PSU & memory all survived the fall and are in good working condition, then you can begin considering your upgrade options.

#6 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thankyou I will wait to receive the new parts, check the computer and if it works then consider the upgrades. The computer have a graphic card installed when it fall. I take out the graphic card and installed it in my brother computer, it works fine. So, I hope that the other parts works too.

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

PC fall from my father hands to the floor (like 5 feet altitude) and it is all

wow your father must be tall !lol

i suggest saving/spending you money on a new gaming computer if that what you want the end results to be .nothing about the computer makes a good candidate for as a gamer , the case is to small[run hot ] psu to small ect ect
http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-580s/pd.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&dgc=ST&cid=3852&lid=1499987

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#8 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

well I only going to use inspiron motherboard with CPU and memory. also the PSU all the other things are new. THe case will be a HAF, I bought a new cooling system for the processor. I know I have a lot of limitations with the actual motherboard and PSU. If the pc works I will upgrade it (I know I need to upgrade almost all things XD) to make the gaming rig. like $600. For now a useful computer makes it until I have the money. I think I found a way to check the inspiron parts with the actual home computers

#9 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

sorry i missed the new case ,in your first post ,my bad

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#10 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

I really want a game rig but now not have the money so if the PC works with what I have now, then later I can buy the gamer mobo. The best in the future is buying the mobo, graphic card and the PSU, I think the i3 processor still is good for a long time for games and the 6GB memory.

#11 pcbrianpc

pcbrianpc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

I checked the HDD and it works on my brother computer. Still, it was too slow, I cant do anything, only enter to windows and looking the desktop. I dont know if the problem was software or hardware. About data, yes is have all the data I think.

#12 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

If you can get the hard drive to work on another system, I would recomend backing it all up and then reformatting, and seeing if that helps if you still have the windows disc.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users