Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enter Network Password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

I use Outlook 2007. All was well until this afternoon when it started acting up. I keep getting pop ups asking me to enter a network password. I suppose this is Outlook just trying to check email but why ask for the password? I've checked all my settings and all is in order. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684

Edited by pip22, 18 April 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Thanks, pip22. I must admit that I find the instructions on that site difficult. When I create a new profile in Outlook, it seems that I should delete the old one at some point, but I see no direction to do so. I don't suppose that there's a simpler resolution of this issue somewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users