Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying driver download issue...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rccardude04

rccardude04

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

In all my PC builds, I've never had a web server be completely incapable of delivering a high enough bandwidth to download a driver from until now. I have a Bluew-2310u USB wifi/bluetooth adapter in a car computer, and need Windows 7 64-bit drivers for it. They came pre-installed but were corrupted, so I uninstalled them assuming I could download what I needed from their website.

However, after several attempts, and even from using the 3G on my phone as a tether to make sure it's not my connection, I can't get over about 1.3kB/s download rate, and IE, Chrome, and Firefox all just seem to 'give up' after about an hour. Chrome and FireFox claim it's finished at anywhere from 30kB to 600kB, and IE seems to realize something's gone wrong and throw up an error, even though IE has also claimed it's finished at 500kB.

I really need the driver to download updates to the PC as well as troubleshoot any other issues I'm going to run into, but here I am unable to download it or find it anywhere else. Is there a way to convince Chrome/FF/IE to just keep plugging away until it's downloaded after the claimed 15 hours? Is there anywhere else that hosts the driver?

I'd post the link to the driver but I assume since I'm a new member it'll get caught by some sort of a spam filter so I'll wait until someone requests it if anyone wants to try downloading it for me to make sure it's not one of my 3 different hardware setups.

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone can help me find the stupid driver for this thing...

-Eric

EDIT:: I should also add that I tried the 'ping' feature of the command prompt on their site, and it just gives me timeout errors. Every other site I tried works fine so I'm pretty sure it's on their end but I still REALLY need the driver. Thanks again.

Edited by rccardude04, 16 April 2011 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Post the link and we'll see what happens there.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 rccardude04

rccardude04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Post the link and we'll see what happens there.

http://www.stk.com.tw/product-01.asp?Product_Type=58 Here's the product listing,

and direct for windows 7 64-bit driver: http://www.stk.com.tw/driver/Wireless/Release_ForUSBWindows/History/Bluewu_3.1.04.20100318_softhotkey_64bitOS(IVT).exe

Thanks!

-Eric

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

Neither of those pages will load for me.
A progress bar on a main page goes about half way and that's about it.
Must be some server problem.
I'll try later.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 rccardude04

rccardude04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Neither of those pages will load for me.
A progress bar on a main page goes about half way and that's about it.
Must be some server problem.
I'll try later.

At least I know it's not just me.

I think I kind of found half of the driver... The WiFi works now but the bluetooth still seems confused as to what it's plugged into...

Their site is quite lame. I've also e-mailed the manufacturer of the PC so hopefully he'll be able to get me a direct link other than that site if we don't figure something else out before the weekend is over. :)

Thanks,

-Eric

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

[url="http://www.stk.com.tw/driver/Wireless/Release_ForUSBWindows/History/Bluewu_3.1.04.20100318_softhotkey_64bitOS%28IVT%29.exe%20"]http://www.stk.com.tw/driver/Wireless/Release_ForUSBWindows/History/Bluewu_3.1.04.20100318_softhotkey_64bitOS(IVT).exe[/url] worked for me right now.
Hurry up :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 rccardude04

rccardude04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

http://www.stk.com.tw/driver/Wireless/Release_ForUSBWindows/History/Bluewu_3.1.04.20100318_softhotkey_64bitOS(IVT).exe worked for me right now.
Hurry up :)

Yes!!

Got it!

I haven't tried it yet but it's here!

I'll let you know. :)

Thank you!

-Eric

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

:)

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 rccardude04

rccardude04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Heh, windows is still freaking out about the bluetooth driver but I'll figure it out from here I'm sure.

Thanks again!

-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users