Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

indication of possible virus? ujomesum.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 millerpa

millerpa

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

This ujomesum startup item runs the command -- rundll32.exe "C:\Windows\ujomesum.dll",Startup -- (as shown in System Configuration Utility). I try to stop in from loading on startup using the MSCONFIG but it keeps coming back immediately (before reboot). I believe this showed up during my last virus infection that I removed using Malwarebytes. I search the registry and the program that is placing this in the startup folder is Qfoniquyi. I delete all keys and folders associated with these two names but they immediately come back. I have also run rkill and malwarebytes and it turns up nothing. I have searched the internet for these two names and have turned up nothing so I am assuming that they are some random names or something new. I am runnig 32-bit XP Pro sp3. There are no other noticable symptoms of this file execution, I just happen to run across it during periodic cleanup. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hi, millerpa.

Please post your problem on the malware forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

That forum is manned by people who can be relied upon to give you good advice.
Posting malware issues on any other forum may result in you being given poor advice by helpers who don't necessarily know enough.

Edited by pip22, 16 April 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#3 millerpa

millerpa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

ok. thank you.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

@ pip22,

Please activate your Private Message system. Since it is not activated at this time:

When you see a topic posted in the wrong forum, instead of responding to it as you did in this topic, please report the topic using the report button found at the bottom left of the post. That way, moderators can take the appropriate action. In this case, we would have moved the topic to the proper forum.

Thank you,

Orange Blossom :cherry:
=============

New topic located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic391689.html
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users