Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus's with similar names reappearing...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raffhere

raffhere

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Hi there,

I have a Vista operating system with Virgin Media Security anti-virus program. I have also downloaded malwarebytes but have uninstalled it since Virgin Media Security is now picking up this re-occuring virus (kazy.**** and Generic.KDV).

I am concerned that it has been re-occuring. Is there something wrong? Should I run the "thorough/deep" MalWareBytes scan? Is someone putting these on my computer? Help would be appreciated:-)

See screenshot.C:\Users\Raff\Pictures\Virus list 16 April 2011

Edited by raffhere, 16 April 2011 - 07:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lusigioma

Lusigioma

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hello raffhere :wink:
Yes, run a full scan with malwarebytes.
uninstall your antivirus and install avira, is a good antivirus :thumbup2:

#3 raffhere

raffhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply. I am running malwarebytes now. I did delete what I thought was the virus earlier but my anti-virus still picked it up.

I have uploaded screenshots now to help you.

This is the pop-up I get when I boot up the laptop:
[img][IMG]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9909/viruserrormessage16apri.th.jpg[/IMG][/img]

This is the log provided by my Virgin Media anti-virus software:
[img][IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4099/viruslist16april2011.th.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Edited by raffhere, 17 April 2011 - 04:17 AM.

#4 raffhere

raffhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

Malwarebytes brought found no virus's even after a deep scan was used. Is there anything I can check and do the screenshots reveal anything?

#5 raffhere

raffhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

I am no longer recieving virus alerts but still get a popup regarding w32xSVR.dll. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users