Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista ultimate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mmjainc1

mmjainc1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

first of hello to all, yes i'm new here!
So I have recently upgraded to vista ultimate (and i am begining to wish i had not...lol) on both my machine and my son's plus i installed another hard drive in both computers for storage. Anyway sometimes i can log in to administrator and sometimes i can't yet even so it won't let me change any programs or update or anything and i've seen a few other people havning a similar kind of problem anyone know why this is happening? I'm usually pretty good with computers but this one's a doozy and my son dosen't seem to like his much either..
?'

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

If your PC originally had Windows XP on it, it may not be entirely compatible for Windows Vista to run properly on it.
Microsoft has a free online service called the Vista Upgrade Advisor which you are supposed to use before upgrading, but it can still be used after the upgrade to find out what incompatibilities are probably causing the problems you're having. Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

It's also worth noting that Windows Vista uses considerably more RAM than XP. Vista requires at least 2GB RAM for it to run smoothly, even though Microsoft says it will run on less, in practical terms there claim is way too optimistic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users