Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware having adverse affects on my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyLynn

AndyLynn

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

This morning, I discovered a certain someone had snuck onto my computer to play a flash game she was grounded from. Lo' and behold, she forgets to shut everything off, and as soon as I log in, nothing boots up, aside from my volume and battery meter in the bottom right corner. Confused, I try to open my objectdock, and Windows Live Messenger and the computer asks me what program I want to open it with, and brings up a prompt as if it doesn't recognize the file.

After fighting with it, I got MBAM open; ran the scan, and now it is getting annoying text pop ups. "Don't close this window, you're todays winner,' 'Do you really want to navigate away from this page?' So I try Spybot SND, and they went away, only for my mouse to start acting up. Now the cursor, whereever it's resting assumes as if I clicked there, and typing ends up as gibberish, ex:
I try to type, "I tried to do this" ends up as "I trito doed this"
It also behaves as if I have the scroll on the mouse pressed in, and runs up and down the window.

I have no idea what' going on, but I recieved wonderful help here last time I had an issue... so here I go.

Thank you for the assistance in advance.

Edited by AndyLynn, 15 April 2011 - 07:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AndyLynn

AndyLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

Bump... now I'm getting rogue malware called Vista Total Security. It's pretending to be my firewall, and wormed itself into Vista's windows security system. Please assist...

#3 AndyLynn

AndyLynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

Could someone please help?

Current known issues:
Vista total security scareware blocking access to most programs
Annoying text pop ups