Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think I am infected with Trojan.zefarch?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 violetvillain

violetvillain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hello,
As much as I would just like to go crawl in a hole and pretend this isn't happening to me, I really really need some help. I am a completely useless idiot when it comes to anything more than basic knowledge of computers. I am running Windows Vista, Internet Explorer browser. I think I have been infected with Trojan.zefarch virus. I have Norton 360 which has quarantined 3 instances of it since yesterday afternoon. The first instance was znbfzvty.exe, the second was awubiliil.dll, the third, just an hour ago was usarnsc.dll. It says it quarantines and I have to restart and then when I restart I get a message box saying:

Run DLL

Error loading C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\awubilil.dll

The specified module could not be found.

I thought, stupidly, that maybe Norton really had just gotten rid of the virus, so I went into start-up, found the znbfzfty.exe and awubilil.dll and unchecked so they wouldn't start at start-up. Then the 3rd instance just happened, so I know the thing is still on here, and the first weird thing just happened on the computer, I went to Yahoo Answers, and a tiny pop-up came up that just said "hi", and I now can not close the window. I have searched your forums, I know that people are posting what I think are security logs - I don't even know where to find those. Please, please pardon my ignorance. I know I am going to be an enormous pain in the rear of anyone that is kind enough to offer help, but please know that I would be beyond grateful for any assistance at all. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users