Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with DVD to desktop ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wingfan13

Wingfan13

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

My wife and I just got back from the doctor and she is pregnant. They gave us a DVD with the sonogram imgaes and video on it. I want to save the files to my computer but they are .VOB files. Can someone walk me through getting them on my computer ?

I would really appreciate it. I have family that would love to see it and I want to get the video up on Youtube.

I tried dowloading a free program, creating a ISO image but when I go to select the files from the DVD none of the files who up to select.

I am working on Windows 7. The name of the program I downloaded is Any Video to DVD.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lankylarry

Lankylarry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

You could Download a VOB converter to AVI/Flv or The Many on the list below and Then Upload it to youTube. (There Is many out there that you can download (Search Google) I am sure this one will do the job but Your Welcome to Search for the one you want. http://www.convertvobtoavi.com/

Support converts VOB to DivX
Support converts VOB to Xvid
Support converts VOB to MOV (QuickTime)
Support converts VOB to FLV (Flash Video)
Support converts VOB to 3GP (Mobile Phone)
Support converts VOB to MP4 (Sony PSP format)
Support converts VOB to WMV (Windows Media Video)
Extract VOB audio to MP3 (Original Movie Soundtrack)

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

You could also use Handbrake.

Handbrake will convert the DVD to MPEG4 or MKV. Just put the DVD in the drive, open Handbrake, click "Source" find your drive,
choose the container, or preset, (can also make a custom preset) set the destination, click start. You can then upload the MPEG4 to Youtube. Does this help?

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users