Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Router

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:48 AM

ok i have 3 pcs on a wireless network and none of them work properly the main problems that i need fixing are : games some just will not work multiplayer ive managed to get counter strike working but thats it i have halo unreal command and conquer games as well as many others that i cannot use, also some web pages will not work the main two being msn and ebay.

i was told that this may be due to port forwarding but im a novice at anything except games so i am lost is there a way to get into my router from any of the pcs and do it that way.

hope someone can help because its driving me mad that ive brought all these games and all but one works.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:36 AM

Ok if you look in your routers helpfiles it will tell you how to forward ports if the router is capable of doingso.

Bear in mind that if you have a software firewall you will need to forward the ports there also.

Each game usueally require different ports so ports for all of the games need to be established.

Just for info I wouldn't leave those ports open all the time close em when yor not actually running the game.

It may be a pain but it is a lot safer.

#3 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:28 AM

ive already allowed them as exceptions on my firewalls (forgot to mention that sorry) ill try what you said though thnx

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:02 PM

Try Port Forwarding. It is a fairly indepth site on the subject.

Good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:42 AM

ok im on portforward and ive figured out what i have to do but i have a problem it says to open up command prompt and find my ip detials etc i have found all that except for my default gateway which is blank is there anyother way of finding it.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

Try Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig /all. Be sure and include a space.

Edited by acklan, 31 December 2005 - 11:03 AM.

#7 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:26 PM

no ive done that (sorry thats what i meant) and it says everything that i need but it doesnt say the default gateway, would it be the same gateway on another pc because the one downstairs worked ok and told me the default gateway.

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

It is you routre's IP address. If you enter your router's setup page it should display the Gatway Address. As a matter of fact the LAN IP you enter for the setup page is your Gateway IP (192.168.1.1. 10.1.1.0, or like that...).

#9 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

no ive done that (sorry thats what i meant) and it says everything that i need but it doesnt say the default gateway, would it be the same gateway on another pc because the one downstairs worked ok and told me the default gateway.

Yup apparently your useing ICS and connecting thru the other computer which shows it is the default gateway. Your other computer did not show a gateway because the other comptuer had the gateway.

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

ok i have 3 pcs on a wireless network and none of them work properly the main problems that i need fixing are : games some just will not work multiplayer ive managed to get counter strike working but thats it i have halo unreal command and conquer games as well as many others that i cannot use, also some web pages will not work the main two being msn and ebay.

i was told that this may be due to port forwarding but im a novice at anything except games so i am lost is there a way to get into my router from any of the pcs and do it that way.

hope someone can help because its driving me mad that ive brought all these games and all but one works.

The router contains the gateway. If HSI was thru the first computer and the other 2 were thru it the first computer, then the first computer would be the gateway computer.

What brand of router do you have?

#11 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:47 PM

its a azthec dsl600ew i think i got some ports forwarded and they worked but the other 2 pcs internet wouldnt work so ive had to change it back to what it was.

#12 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

:thumbsup: ive done it all 3 pcs are workin again and can run games properly (at long last).

thank you to every one who helped.

now its time to pwn some people on my new games :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users