Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32/zbot.G virus help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Muina

Muina

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm not very good on computers so go easy :P

Basically, I was browsing the web yesterday and I got a message from AVG saying I had multiple threats. I dragged the window to the side as I thought it might be some sort of fake popup and I ran an AVG scan and a Malware Bytes scan. The Malware Bytes scan showed nothing but the AVG scan came up with about 8000 infected files (most of which seemed like normal files linked to trusted programs that've been installed by either me or my Dad) which were infected by the win32/zbot.G virus and the virus/generic thing.

I plugged my USB stick in to try and get important files off in case it needed wiping and it created a file called "Recycler" and 4 unknown shortcuts, which I promptly deleted. However, the files just kept appearing no matter how many times I deleted them.

As the scan finished all the infected files were quarantined and nothing seemed to be wrong so I turned the computer off and went to bed. Anyway, I got a call from my Mum this morning telling me that the computer was broken and it wouldn't load up. She explained to me that the background will load up but none of the icons appear and you can't do anything with it. I've told her I'll try running it in Safe Mode to see if there's anything that can be done but like I said I'm not the best on computers. Is it worth calling someone or is it a simple fix?

I've read plenty of posts about the virus this morning but none seem to have the problem of the computer not loading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Anthony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users