Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dont know what to do

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 macthehobo

macthehobo

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hi all my wifes laptop is riddled with something what I have managed to find using Gmer is TDL4@mbr

Because the internet was playing up on the laptop since infection I was using a 2gig usb key to transfer virus scanners from my computer to hers. When I put the key back into my computer after it had been in the laptop Avg found Trojan Horse generic20GJD

The laptop when turn on in normal mode loads IE windows continuously until the laptop slows to a complete crawl and the internet does'nt work.

If booted in safemode with networking internet works and a couple of IE windows popup.

I have tried GMER and tddsskiller and also Malwarebytes.

Any help will very appreciated.

Edited by macthehobo, 15 April 2011 - 04:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 macthehobo

macthehobo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Managed to get AVG installed and it's finding multiple instances of VBS/Generic

Nevermind backed up data now formatting

Edited by macthehobo, 16 April 2011 - 06:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users