Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop will not charge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bk6151

bk6151

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

I have a dell Inspiron 9400. The battery will not charge. The computer doesnít even see the battery. There is no battery % indicator on the start bar, nothing to indicate that it even has a battery. If you unplug it the pc dies immediately, no blinking lights, nothing. This started after I reinstalled windows. The battery could be bad I suppose, but there should be something to indicate that the battery is dead or something. I loaded all the drivers from the dell web site after installing windows. Did I miss something? Any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Well it's not a driver issue, no drivers are required for battery functions.
I think you are right about the battery having failed.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Yes, it's very likely the battery has completely died. If that is what happened, the computer would not detect it, and it would not charge.

You can always acquire a "new" battery from the aftermarket, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Dell-Inspiron-e1705-D5318/dp/B001MRVFPY
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users