Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaker sound crackle or make weird grinding, electric type noises

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fatimai81

Fatimai81

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Hi, I have an Hp Pavilion dv2700 special edition laptop. I used to have Vista, but now I have windows 7 after I got the computer fixed. I downloaded and installed some programs, but I didn't like the effect they had on my computer after running them, and so I did a system restore to a previous date, which changed the settings back to when I didn't have those programs. Ever since, Windows has been installing updates to my computer, and some of those updates were obviously for the audio device installed in/on the system.

My question is for some reason, (and I can't really discern when the problems started arising), every time I try to listen to something on my computer like songs or videos, etc.-- with moderate volume level--and I try to load something else and/or the hard drive is active, the sound coming out of the my speakers starts to crackle and make weird electric-like grinding noises. This never happened to me before with vista, and it's irritating me a great deal now. Is there any way to fix this problem? Or am I just stuck with this?

Oh and I forgot to mention...when I plug in my headphones the sound continues to play on my speakers rather than within my headphones, any explanation for this? And what I could possibly do about it to fix it?

Thanks for the help in advance; truly appreciate it :).

Edited by Fatimai81, 15 April 2011 - 12:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

I just checked the HP website and they do not support Windows 7 on the Pavilion dv2700, meaning they don't have any drivers for Windows 7.
Evidently you didn't check that out before installing Windows 7 on it.

Drivers for HP laptops are custom-made for the manufacturer (or at least some of them are) so that they match the custom-made components.
Furthermore, although HP do have Windows Vista drivers for your Pavilion dv2700, they are not guaranteed to work properly on Windows 7.

I'm guessing that's the cause of your current sound problem. Go back to Vista & you will almost certainly have no such problem.
If you want Windows 7 buy it pre-installed on a new laptop which has been designed to run it, or before upgrading the OS in future, check that suitable drivers are available from the laptop maker's website!

If you were led to believe that all Windows Vista drivers will work just as well on Windows 7, you've been misinformed.

Edited by pip22, 15 April 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#3 Fatimai81

Fatimai81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

FYI, before buying the Windows 7 upgrade from Microsoft themselves, I checked profusely with them more than 3 or 4 times and the number one question I asked was whether or not my computer, specifically, and OS system, would be ideal in installing or upgrading to Windows 7, to which they of course said yes. Nevertheless, thanks for the enlightening though condescending reply back <_<

Edited by Fatimai81, 15 April 2011 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users