Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google "Any time" filter blocked in China?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mugs011

mugs011

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'm in China. When I search and then narrow by 'discussion", I get the results seemingly returned with no problem, as always. But lately (in the last week or so) when I further filter by time (past hour, week, etc)under "Any time" I either get the typical "connection was reset" page (in the case of Firefox) or the "Internet explorer cannot display the web page" (in the case of IE). In other words, I'm blocked.

It's typical to getting certain searches blocked here all the time so I'm used to it but this twist is new to me! I have tried different search terms that I know are harmless and every time I try to filter by period of time I'm blocked. I had been using the "Any time" feature quite a bit previous to a week ago. This happens at home and also at the school where I work

So it looks like it's possible for the censors to not only block certain results but also block just part of Google's site? Just curious.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users