Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet starts fast but slows to a crawl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 madcoil

madcoil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

I am having a problem where my internet slows to the point of crawling. Downloads go from 800 kb/s (the norm) to 50 kb/s and ping goes from approximately 40 to 1300 when the slow down occurs. I have never had issues with my cable company for the 4 years I've used them. This has been happening for 3 days. I was about to simply try and reformat, but I heard about combofix and was interested.

Things I have done so far.

Run a boot scan with avast - found nothing
Ran Malwarebytes - found a trojan (sorry don't remember the name) and removed it
Onboard NIC card died in the process so I bought a pci nic card which is still giving me the same issues.
Had my cable company troubleshoot. They said everything seems fine on the modems end.
Secondary computer does not have the same issues using the same router.

Everything I read said to get an expert to help prior to trying combofix so here I am. I did run a Hijackthis file and saw nothing odd although I'm not an expert by any means.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users