Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What am I infected with?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rukikki

rukikki

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hello~ I'm very frustrated right now. Today when I turned on my laptop, I opened up firefox and after 5 mins on the web, it closed randomly and I got pop ups, of this program 'Win 7 security 2011' telling me I was infected with malware, worms, trojan, etc. It told me to remove those viruses I had to purchase the program. I looked up the program's name and I found out it was a virus that installed itself. So, I downloaded the program Malware bytes' Anti Malware; did a scan and it found I had (I believe) 16 infections so I clicked to remove those and I had to restart my computer (which I did). When I logged back on, I tried going on the internet and I get the message;

The proxy server is refusing connections.
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

*Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.
*contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working

I've gone to my internet options -> connections -> LAN -> and unchecked every box = in result still nothing happens
Then, I've just checked the first box, which nope nothing works at all on firefox. Only Safari started to work. (which I'm using right now)

&Plus, when I try to open Malware Bytes' Anti Malware again, I try finding it in all programs, but all I see is; "(empty)". As if it deleted itself or something. Although, I don't see the Win 7 security 2011 in sight, I don't know if it's still installed or not.

Please, please, please someone help me with this! I'm seriously confused with this, I'm scared what kind of viruses I have.
please & thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi rukikki,

Try this as it should unhide your files and folders http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users