Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:45 PM
Just would like to start by saying Hello, I have been doing a crash course in computers over the last year at my work taking over the IT duties, mainly rebuilding hard drives, and building new CNC's from scratch, mostly these CNC's are for industrial machines, but now I have run into and issue that I need some expert help on.
1. Laptop was running Vista, I had a Windows of XP Black V. 15 and installed - computer ran fine.
2. Was getting Blue screen error - check hardware blah, blah, blah.
3. Was able to get running after several reboots and rebooting in safe mode.
4. Tried to boot one day, it booted pass the start up screen - then to the Windows XP screen after staying on that screen for 15 - 20 seconds the laptop powers off, then starts to reboot again, after reboot it says that windows did not start properly how do you want to start windows, I have selected every option, still does the same thing, after the Windows XP logo it powers off.
5. Had enough of that, but in Windows disk to reformat hard drive, but keyboard does not work, I have tried an external keyboard, still does not work, have looked in the BIO's and can not find anything for the keyboard.
I am asking for some help because I do not want to have to purchase another laptop, this seems like it should not be this difficult to fix.
Thanks for any help.