Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COMPAQ Presario V6000 keeps rebooting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 anca_scott

anca_scott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hello everyone,
Just would like to start by saying Hello, I have been doing a crash course in computers over the last year at my work taking over the IT duties, mainly rebuilding hard drives, and building new CNC's from scratch, mostly these CNC's are for industrial machines, but now I have run into and issue that I need some expert help on.

1. Laptop was running Vista, I had a Windows of XP Black V. 15 and installed - computer ran fine.
2. Was getting Blue screen error - check hardware blah, blah, blah.
3. Was able to get running after several reboots and rebooting in safe mode.
4. Tried to boot one day, it booted pass the start up screen - then to the Windows XP screen after staying on that screen for 15 - 20 seconds the laptop powers off, then starts to reboot again, after reboot it says that windows did not start properly how do you want to start windows, I have selected every option, still does the same thing, after the Windows XP logo it powers off.
5. Had enough of that, but in Windows disk to reformat hard drive, but keyboard does not work, I have tried an external keyboard, still does not work, have looked in the BIO's and can not find anything for the keyboard.

I am asking for some help because I do not want to have to purchase another laptop, this seems like it should not be this difficult to fix.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Just for the record, blah, blah, blah will not be found in the lexicon of computer technology.:thumbup2:

Please download BlueScreenView BlueScreenView

No installation required.

Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 anca_scott

anca_scott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

I will download, the issue is that it will not boot up to that point, after the windows XP screen it powers down and then reboots itself, I have tried to get it to boot up in safe mode, but it just keeps rebooting after the Windows XP splash screen.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Windows XP Black Edition is an illegal pirated copy of Windows.

As per our Forum Rules:

...encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted

I suggest you put the original copy of Vista back on the machine.

Topic closed.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users