Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I infected? Needing Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 uwishu

uwishu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hello. My Win 7 64 Bit system has been getting various errors lately and I am wondering if it might be related to an infection and would love some advice if anyone is willing/able to help.

The first error I am receiving when I boot up is this,

"TimounterMonitor.exe - System Error
The Program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

The strange thing is that the file is there and in the right place. TimounterMonitor.exe is related to Acronis True Image 11 which is installed but no longer working. (Perhaps malware trying to prevent a system restore?)

That error is always quickly followed by
"TrueImageMonitor.exe - System Error
The Program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

Intermittently, Cisco's Network Magic Pro will also come up with an error saying "The Platform Service Is Not Running: The Platform Service must be running in order for Network Magic to function. If you have manually shut down or disabled the Platform Service, please restart it now."

I have tried following all the suggestions at the support sites for both Acronis True Image & for Cisco Network Magic & nothing has helped.

My antivirus is Prevx, and it has not reported any problems.

What would you suggest I try as a next step? Also as this is only my second post here, please let me know if I am in the wrong forum or missing a needed step for getting help. Thank you.

-FinnyD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users