Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgot Windows XP Login Password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Jammer

Crimson_Jammer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

My sister has a Dell Demension Desktop C251 computer running Windows XP. Her 10 year old daughter put a password to log onto windows and forgot the password. There were no users on the log in screen before, when the computer booted up it went straight to the desktop. Is there anyway I could recover or reset this password? There are no other users that can be logged into to even get past the Windows User Log In screen. Thanks for any help in advance. Thanks!

-If there's any more info I need to give I will do my best to give it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=lost+admin+password+windows+xp&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGLL_en-GB___US394&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=lost+ad

#3 rotemanq

rotemanq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

Many times you cannot boot into normal Windows mode because of wrong user password, you can start Windows XP in safe mode and login the default admin account to bypass other user password.

Bypass XP Password In Safe Mode | Login Default Administrator Account to Reset Standard Account Password

Posted Image

Edited by rotemanq, 15 April 2011 - 01:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users