Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't seem to get rid of it..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 discordia

discordia

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ok so a couple days ago 11.04.11 I was sitting on facebook when I got a .exe file trying to access my pc it was a <number>.exe I'm sorry but I don't remember the exact name of it, I didn't want it so I told it no thinking that would be the end of it. I should have been so lucky it quickly tried again with another file again with a number.exe although this time it was another number. This went on for a while, everytime I said I didn't want it, it would try again with a different file name. When I got bored telling it no I left it asking and ran my virus scanner (AVAST) and it found 393 viruses, mostly located in my photoshop package (Which was from the official website I should add and I haven't downloaded from anywhere else) My sims3 game files, a couple of Microsoft office files and in my temporary internet files. I can provide screenshots if you think they will be useful.
I should also add that although it found 393 viruses none of them were the files that were attempting to access my computer and those were still trying to access.
I let my virus scanner do as it wanted with the files, either moving them to it's chest or deleting them.
I then followed the file path from the pop up to find the files which were annoying me. Which was difficult sinse at one point it decided to make my entire users folder hidden, but eventually I found the files which were trying to execute, scanned them on their own and Avast said they were fine, I removed them anyway and immediately my problem stopped. I reran my virus scanner and it gave me an all clear.

So today I decide for good measure I should run another scan and it comes up with 16 viruses, this time in my recycle bin, again new file names. (again if a screenshot would help I'll provide it). I've been Extra careful sinse the last problem so I really don't think I have managed to click something I shouldn't have, I tend to only use the pc to play wow and watch facebook anyway.

A couple of extra things I want to add, the files that it's now saying are infected were created before the origional scan and the scan which said it was all clear, about an hour before the problem started . Also the files which avast had kept in it's virus vault are now scanning as no virus when it flagged them as high threat the other day.

I thought it was sorted but now it's just baffling me. I think there's something that my scanner is missing. Please let me know if you need screen shots or any other information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users