Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Google redirect I'm afraid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 country lane

country lane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hi there,

As it says in the heading, im afraid im another one struck down with the 'Google redirect' virus, which points me to licosearch.

It does not allow me to download various '.exe' files or visit a range of sites including bleepingcomputer, so I am having to log into my works network from home.

I have followed the common processes that are consistantly recommended on other sites and forums, but cannot get rid of it.

I have checked manually the files under system32 and devices, but do not have the corrupt files or text others refer too.

I then downloaded the rkill.exe, followed by spybots 'search and destroy' but neither of these work either.

I've got to the stage now that I dont know what to do next and dont want to risk trying something that will kill my computer, so would be grateful for assistance in getting rid of what is the worst virus i've had to deal with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 country lane

country lane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

...I should also point out that I have run Kaperskys KPSS but no luck there either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users