Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect- shut down problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill1821

Bill1821

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi I'm Bill and I need help with sister-in-laws comp. I have taken it through the rkill/mbam method also I ran gmer and this morning tried eset online. they all find something but so far none can find/remove them all. Two indications of problems are a redirect and shut down problems-

For example: I google bleeping computer----select the first item in the search---then it will redirect- but if I select ANY of the others then no redirect- weird huh-

This is true for bleeping computer, eset online scanner, techsupport. It is NOT true if I google newegg, aol, trend micro- You can see the redirect at the bottom toolbar while on the search results page- To get here I simply had to select the 2nd group of search results which conviently happened to be discussion. yay.

The 2nd indication of a problem is after running an antivirus program I am unable to reboot without a forced shutdown with the power switch. I get the button- select restart- screen changes- hangs- mouse works but nothing else- zero hdd activity.

EDIT- should add windows update wont connect....

The comp is a 1 gb, pentium D desktop running win XP sp3.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Edited by Bill1821, 14 April 2011 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill1821

Bill1821
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Edit buttons gone- dont have one to close thread- not trying to 'bump'

Got to runnning normal with a full version of mcaffe- (dad had extra license) seem ok going to do many other scans- (will also tell Dianna there MAY be spyware) (Let her choose....) (The real problem was always no OS disk- no backup drive image- etc.)

I consider this thread closed but still subscribe till someone offially closes it :-)

Thanks for a great site!

Bill

Edited by Bill1821, 17 April 2011 - 08:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users