Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do you install ethernet controller drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AZNvamp1r3

AZNvamp1r3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi i have a dell E520 that a friend gave me. i tried connecting to the internet and it wouldnt connect. i found out that i have to reinstall the ethernet controller drivers. i cant connect to the internet and i dont have the recovery disc for the computer. niether does my friend. how can i install the driver?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

You...or someone else...can download the drivers on a different system...put them on removeable media (floppy, CD, DVD, flash drive) and then use that media to install the drivers on your system or copy them to your desktop and install them from there.

Louis

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Here is the link for the drivers. Under Network you want the Intel driver.

Its also possible that you may have a bad network card on the system. Particularly if you have had any bad storms in your area.

Try the driver first. If it still doesnt work consider trying a PCI network card.
They are pretty cheap 10 - 15 dollars or so.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users