Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound playing from internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 B-ill

B-ill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

So my computer started acting up about a month ago. If i play sound through a program i have installed like VLC media player or Itunes the sound will work perfectly, But when i go to any sites, Such as youtube, there will be no sound playing. This happens in Both browsers i currently run, (mozilla firefox, and internet exp) I keep googling it and coming up with nothing except check my options, But everytime i check my setup is all correct. I'm wondering if its my drivers... What is going on?
Thanks!
also, I have a MIDI Pad that is also recently acting up. Could that have possibly caused a problem in my settings anywhere>?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

I have a similar problem with one laptop that I have. When I go to YouTube I have to unmute the sound. It is the only place the sound is muted when I try to play anything but I just click on the little speaker icon on the YouTube screen and it unmutes. Have you checked that?

#3 B-ill

B-ill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

yeah, volume is all the way up.:/

#4 tattooannie

tattooannie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I am having the same issue. Sound is fine in Windows Media Player but Firefox, IE and Chrome no longer have audio. Also AIM isn't making sound. seems anything related to internet, no sound... everything else is good.

I recently got a virus and this happened. the virus is "tamed" but the sound still an issue.

Windows XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users