Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keeping iTunes library organized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

OK, bear with me here. This may be a dumb question with a clear-as-crystal answer that I should know already, but I guess I just want confirmation of what I think is the case.

My music collection is spread throughout several folders on my computer, and I'm famous for ripping dozens of CDs onto my hard drive before moving them to my iTunes library. So after I move the new files from whatever folders they're in over to the folder that I try to keep all my music in eventually, sometimes I'll forget which folders and files I've already added to my iTunes library.

My basic question is: Does checking the "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" make sure that when I add a folder from within iTunes, it will be copied to the iTunes media folder, and then I can delete the original folder, wherever it might be?

I'm sorry if my question's not clear. I just want to make sure that I can keep my music organized in the simplest way possible, so that I can keep my music collection from being spread all across my hard drive.

I'd really appreciate any clarification. Thanks in advance!

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hello.

My basic question is: Does checking the "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" make sure that when I add a folder from within iTunes, it will be copied to the iTunes media folder, and then I can delete the original folder, wherever it might be?

Yes.

Hope that helps

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 computergeek522

computergeek522
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for the quick reply. And yes, your response definitely helped! :)

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users