Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Restore

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LW0711

LW0711

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

Good morning...Tuesday evening I got a blue screen on my Lenovo laptop running Microsoft Vista 32-bit SP2. When the system came back up from reboot, it started displaying the Windows Restore screens, quickly followed by the "Hard Drive Failure: The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system." messages. From there I tried to start CA's AV 2010 to run a scan, as well as Windows Defender, to no avail. Then the system got rebooted and now it won't come past the screen "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change..." (same screen lampy posted in topic 364469 post #17). When I get into the BIOS and run HDD diagnostics, it indicates the HD is okay. I've tried using Lenovo's Restore and Recovery from both CD and the partition--it starts, then stops after the Windows loading screen. I've also tried installing Windows XP Pro, but it can't find the hard drive. I've also tried recovering as well as reinstalling Vista from an install CD and get the same issue as the Restore and Recovery. PC-Doctor run from a flash drive indicates no system problems either. There are files on this system I would like to retrieve, as well, of course. From what I've read on the Windows Restore malware, it hides the files. Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users