Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After effects of being infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Omahez

Omahez

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

My problem first started when I started getting random and continuous pop-ups on something about my hard-drive being faulty Sorry, but I don't have a screenshot of it). I kinda wrote this off as a fake and some sort of trojan. It turns out I was kind of right. I first started scanning my computer with SUPERAntiSpyware and about half way through scanning my computer randomly restarted. When my computer booted back up I found that 1. My background was gone. 2. a bit more than half my desktop shortcuts were missing. 3. When I go to Start>All Programs There is nothing, it's empty. In order for me to access any programs I need to go to it directly from program files in the hard drive. I finally managed to complete a SUPERAntiSpyware scan and it found about 11 things (I can post a screenshot of what it found, if needed) So after it "fixed" the issue I restarted my computer. to my dismay, my computer still looked the same as i described above. Not being satisfied I Then ran a Malwarebytes scan and that found about 5 things. it removed them and restarted. My computer still did not change. I decided to run a system restore. Even that didn't change anything. So can anyone tell me what is wrong? it seems I removed everything that had infected my computer, but it still seems like despite removing the virus itself, the effects of what the virus did still plague my computer

I'm running Windows XP
this problem occured about 3 hours ago.

If anyone needs more info just say so

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Actually just an update: The "hard-drive being faulty" thing and stuff related to that was from this. I had exactly this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-repair

But i'm guessing a few other things came along with it.

Edited by Omahez, 14 April 2011 - 03:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users