Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pando crashing at 99%

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gangsterwilltravel

gangsterwilltravel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

I was asked to introduce myself to you are so here I am...
I have always trusted this site as found valuable information here.
So if I see it is Bleeping Computer I will take that URL before others there.
So here I am trying to see if I can get some help with this program.
I do have paid support open to me but after two weeks felt I would do better on my own,
nothing against '*****' but we seemed to have a language barrier.
I was very patient, as I know what it is like to handle upset customers.
I worked for Microsoft Vista while they were in my town and so did remotes day after day, then went to Symantec. I know there are many tools to work with if you have the errors reports etc. plus I could just do my own thing and not frustrate the customers with questions most of the users are just people with a computer...LOL...most the time we knew there was a problem before clients did so gave us a head start.
So after 2 years of that I burnt out to say the least, last thing I wanted was to start troubleshoot anymore, other than my with my family and friends when they needed help if I could, so here I am. That was 2 years ago and I've forgotten everything I ever knew.

WOW never meant to write a book here. Did I lose you all? OK kidding aside...I have a paid program that is having issues since the newer version came out.

So what do I need to give you all to help me out. I have dmp files and txt logs but I don't see anything that would warrent this.
So when I start Pando it starts to download but at 99% it would crash and would have to start over again. It would upload fine but something was happing there. I was checking all through the cmd prompt to see if I could get something and that is where I got to so far besides doing a clean un-install, rebooted, disabled AVG and reinstalled, thought I had it, started downloading a proper speeds...then got to 99%. Yet it will be okay with small files. For the first time in the last few weeks it downloaded a 700 MB's file and no idea why or what was different, but that was the last success I had...bet they might take back 'introduce yourself to the members here'...LOL
So if anyone has any info or suggestions it would be appreciated.

Pando forum...very upset people there.
My biggest problem was that it was like insulting our intelligence by having us do everything over and over.
Please don't think I am just being cruel but I see nothing wrong with saying, it's a stumper, please hang with me...that I can deal with, no problem. The only reason I am even mentioning that it is Pando is because maybe you already have some news, other Pando members maybe.

I know fixes don't help overnight but...other than that I hear he is a good guy.

So I promise to be good and stick to the tecnical stuff...LOL...Oh I am Canadian so be easy on me... :)

Edited by gangsterwilltravel, 14 April 2011 - 12:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

As for your Pando issues, I would create a new topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum57.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users