Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help with malware infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gtime

gtime

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

Mt computer was recently infected with malware from a torrent site. The malware causes multiple unauthorized instances of my internet browser to run. I use both iexplorer and Google Chrome. First the malware would start multiple instances of both browsers, but now it seems to have disabled iexplorer altogether.

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit. I use a multitude of anti-virus and anti-malware tools regularly, including MS Security Essentials, Spybot, Malwarebytes, Immunet and AdAware, but none prevented the infection and none have been able to remove it. However, Immunet does identify several files as W32.Trojan.beec that it is unable to clean or quarrantine.

I have tried to use Windows System Restore to revert my system to a date prior to the infection, but any restore attempt fails - I imagine this is blocked by the malware.

I don't know what my next step should be. Any guidance and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users