Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dan9119a

dan9119a

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

I am trying to open an e-mail that has and attachment. I get a message stating "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control Panel." How do I go about this so I can read my e-mail attachments?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

What filename extension does it have (ie the last 3 letters after the dot)?

This identifies what type of file it is & what application you need to open it.
It may be you don't have the required application installed.

#3 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Since you haven't replied to my post, perhaps you are awaiting instructions to your specific question:

How To Set Up File Type Associations:

1. Click the 'Start' button, then click "Default Programs" in the right-hand pane.

2. Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a program"

#4 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

I just noticed your topic title, the attachment is a .doc file. You should have mentioned that in the body of your post & I would have seen it the first time.

You need Microsoft Word to open this. It's part of the Microsoft Office package.

If you don't have Microsoft Word you can download a free "Word Viewer" from Microsoft.
It will open .doc files but it cannot be used to create a .doc file.
Get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac&displaylang=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users