Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot delete file in Windows XP...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjl1297

mjl1297

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

I've got a couple of generic icons in a folder that I cannot delete for love or money. Windows XP Pro keeps telling me that the path to the specified files can't be found. I've tried to delete it from the command line and through two delete utilities and so far no luck. I even tried a system restore point and that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

See if this works: http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

#3 mjl1297

mjl1297
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thank you!! That worked!!

I saw that in another forum post but from the description I didn't think it was suited to my situation and hence I passed on it. You learn something new every day!

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Glad it's sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users