Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP automatic wallpaper changer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

I recommended another similar program here awhile back that was around 1mb but I had strange computer errors with it and the interface was not very user friendly so I found this smaller one called Any Wallpaper that is around 350k in size and it works flawlessly. It has a simple interface that is easy to grasp and you just select the folder that has the pics that you want it to display. You can set it to change wallpapers anytime you want down to every minute. It can display the pics in order or random and it has a lot of wallpaper size options. Plus you can double click it's tray icon to change the wallpaper instantly. I wish I would have found a program like this years ago so check it out if you get bored with wallpapers and are tired of having to change them manually in XP. This program works with Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows XP.

http://download.cnet.com/Any-Wallpaper/3000-2336_4-10706912.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

This one is better. And I have almost 3000 wallpapers.

http://www.evjosoft.com/WallChanger.html

#3 M332

M332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

3000 wallpapers? Wow, I have almost 300 full size desktops and I thought that was a lot. I have them set to change every minute.

I prefer Any Wallpaper since it's much smaller in size and is not problematic like that one according to cnet which does not recommend it after trying it. http://download.cnet.com/EvJO-Wallpaper-Changer/3000-2409_4-10661151.html

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

User error. I added all of my wallpapers from my hard drive with one click. All you have to do is point to the directory. Most of the other products will only let you add one at a time. And some tried to foist their own wallpapers on you. When I needed a new wallpaper manager, I tried several over a couple of weeks and EvJo was the only one that was any good. Most of the others sucked. I have added over 1000 wallpapers since then and I may add a few more in a few minutes. I didn't see that review and I probably wouldn't have paid attention to it anyway.

#5 M332

M332
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

True most of them do stink as I browsed through pages of programs and tried several of them before finding a good one. This one is great and pics are easy to add with it too. I always prefer smaller programs that use less resources on xp and it has no aggravating folder issues that both of us found with other programs, plus I don't need a program with flickr compatibility like that one since I don't bother with flickr. I'm really pleased with it.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

I would be concerned with quantity limits. I used Wallpaper Master and it just wouldn't let me add any more wallpapers. It's supposed to allow 5000 but started malfunctioning when I reached 1800. I added #3000 today and that's all I really wanted was unlimited quantity. I don't need Flickr and I don't need programs that think they know what I want. And at the time, I wanted to add 1800 with one click. EvJo was the first one I found that did what I wanted. I have it changed every time I boot up. I don't want to change it every minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users