Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Pro Will Not Boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dinkey7997

dinkey7997

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

I have an Acer 5110 Laptop cannot get it to boot. It goes to the windows XP logo with the bar underneath and then just stops. I tried to go to last known good configuration but did the same and all of the other safe mode options all stop after it gets to the mup.sys file. Tried doing a repair but it will only get to the screen that says starting windows, you know right before you press enter to install or r to repair or f3 to quit. It will not go any further. Changed out the memory, same problem. Tried another power supply with and without the battery same problem. Was able to install new HDD with no problems installed services packs and all drivers except for the USB driver and all works well. Once I install USB drivers Laptop will freeze and when I try to restart it will do as previously stated above and not boot. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 13 April 2011 - 02:31 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users