Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think my computer got attacked by a virus, it's really bad

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arumori

Arumori

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

Okay, just yesterday, i found out that my disk space keeps getting full, until i have no space left, i think a virus did that.

I can't run my Kaspersky , i can't open it from the start menu,and i used run, but it didn't work, it happened like
i opened nothing, so what should i do? I think a virus has disabled it, or cutting it's process from even running

And i found out that it disabled the task manager, but i know how to open it with gpedit,
but it keeps getting disabled everytime i turn my computer on. So i think the virus still exist

I checked the task manager and found one maliciously acting task. It's "Rar.exe". It keeps popping up, and dissapears
and pop up again, i tried ending the process tree, but it didn't work, until i found out my disk space was full again.
I think that virus keeps increasing the size on the disk.

I looked up the drive C property. It's of 68.3 GB(Max size), but when i locked on what's inside it,
the total size is only 44.3 GB, think 19.5 GB of the space is occupied by the virus. If i delete something, it will become full again

I'm new on this site, so please go easy on me. I don't really know what log is, but please help me with this problem )=

Edited by Arumori, 13 April 2011 - 06:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users