Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FIREFOX+GOOGLE.COM+SEARCH=http://www.goingonearth.com/search.php?q=pot%2Bfarms&n=1302662089

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Particalzman

Particalzman

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

So I'm new here have this problem been fighting with for a couple weeks. I'm using Windows xp sp3 home edition 32 bit, FireFox 4.0, Avast free current update /w definitions, Malwarebytes Pro. I have ran scan with both found a couple little malware & virus's that where moved to chest and deleted. Just finished a boot time scan with zero issues found. I opened Firefox went to google.com and type anything into the search bar and 90% of the time I get redirected to [ http://www.goingonearth.com/search.php?q=pot%2Bfarms&n=1302662089 ] then after that to various sites doesn't seem to be any order to that part haven't got the same page twice. I did have Google Tools installed I uninstalled that last week and the problem went away for a few days now it's back. Any more info or logs that would help just let me know Thanks.

Edited by Budapest, 12 April 2011 - 11:21 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Particalzman

Particalzman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

So now it happens in all search engines seem to be able to navigate the web fine just can't search for results. OK, Budapest I didn't know that the web console in windows with the list of what google was supposed to search for was a combofix.log I was pretty sure they where two entirely different things. As I don't use IE I hadn't check in it, this issue is the same there also. I've deleted all temporary internet files, from both, deleted java's temp files also. I can't find any process that shouldn't be running, I've checked all my add-ons in both IE & FF there are no unknown add-ons in either.

Edited by Particalzman, 13 April 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#3 Particalzman

Particalzman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Web_Console Looks like it has nothing to do with combofix.log thanks for moving my post now I'm doing research that didn't need to be done, it just seemed as I was being redirected maybe the list of the redirect might mean something to someone.

#4 Particalzman

Particalzman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

superantispyware ended up fixing this for me, seems to be running fine now with no noticeable jitters or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users