Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit Security Center service can't start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ykgoel

ykgoel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

A flag is appearing in the bottom right corner on my laptop running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version.
On opening the action center by clicking on flag the message appears "Windows Security Center Service (Important) - The windows Security Center service is turned off" Next to this message is a button "Turn on now". When I click on the button gets an error message "windows security service can't be started". no details.
This is what I have done so far
1. checked my laptop for any virus, torjan, malware etc. using 3 different tools: McAfee, Windows malicious software removal tool, Malwarebytes
- No virus or suspecious programs
2. try to start the security services manually using services.
- Starts for a sec and goes down automatically giving the same message "Can't start"

Any help/tips

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Watch-Dawg

Watch-Dawg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Just after you get "windows security service can't be started" go check your Event Log. There should be an entry. Get it and post here.
MCITP, ACSP

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/the-windows-security-center-service-cant-be/d8250e7a-ee3c-4302-8ca6-9e2a10262feb

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/76b08f80-f547-473c-b43f-4029afefac02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users