Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yooperintx

yooperintx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

I have been getting this notice when trying to go to Netflix. I have Windows XP Home on an Intel dual core machine and have Norton Internet Security installed. I had been using McAfee for years but was having pop-up problems so decided to try Norton this time. Not getting the pop-ups any more but recently started having this problem. Was able to get to Netflix by clicking on the Browse button on their notification emails and logging in from there. Today my son told me was getting the same security certificate warning when he tried to do the same from his email account. I think we have something that is trying to redirect us to a bogus Netflix site. Any help in dealing with this is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Worth Reading

Louis

#3 yooperintx

yooperintx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

After I posted my problem, my son downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti Malware and ran something from GeekRadio. Found and removed 30+ bad things. No more problems. Thanks.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

Glad you were able to resolve it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users