Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Not Connecting Automatically

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ashs35

Ashs35

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hi my internet connection has stopped connecting to the internet automatically which means in order to connect to the internet I have to manually click the connect button usually about 5 times before a connection is established, just wondering what the cause may be & if there is a solution to this problem?
YouTube.com/ashs35

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 Ashs35

Ashs35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

Not sure this is the solution but whenever 'Identify and repair network problems' is used, it is able to connect to the internet first go, so I copied it into (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) so it starts automatically when the computer is turned on so it connects to the internet automatically at startup, not ideal but does the job.
YouTube.com/ashs35

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Well, since you haven't answered my question above I'll assume you are okay with your own solution.

#5 Ashs35

Ashs35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Well, lots & lots of stuff has changed.
YouTube.com/ashs35

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Okay.

#7 Ashs35

Ashs35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

So do you have any ideas as to how to fix the problem?
YouTube.com/ashs35

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#9 Ashs35

Ashs35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

Multiple Trojan and google redirect viruses have probably had something to do with it but they have since been removed, this seems to have started happening with no cause apparent.
YouTube.com/ashs35

#10 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

This problem happened to my uncle's laptop. Did you turn the WiFi switch on? :crazy: The switch for his laptop was hiding on near the hinge on the left side of the laptop.

What exactly does it say it's doing when it's trying to 'fix' the problem.

Edited by master131, 17 April 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#11 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Multiple Trojan and google redirect viruses have probably had something to do with it but they have since been removed, this seems to have started happening with no cause apparent.

I'm guessing there's a relationship between the two issues.

#12 Ashs35

Ashs35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

This problem happened to my uncle's laptop. Did you turn the WiFi switch on? :crazy: The switch for his laptop was hiding on near the hinge on the left side of the laptop.

What exactly does it say it's doing when it's trying to 'fix' the problem.

Not a laptop so no WiFi switch, basically it says after clicking on "Identify and repair network problems" 'detecting problems, resolving problems' once it has completed it says under problems found, 'The local area connection 2 adapter is disabled (detected), & 'this computer was manually disconnected from "NETGEAR" (fixed). This works first go every time as opposed to if I manually click connect which takes about 5 goes to connect properly so its easier to run "Identify and repair network problems" at start-up but still shouldn't really have to do that ideally.
YouTube.com/ashs35

#13 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hi Ashs35

I don't know if you are using a router but Just wondering if you are using a router though since it gives you this message ""NETGEAR". You may need to check on the settings of your router such as the security settings. password, etc.... You can also try to uninstall and reintall the router from your computer and then reset the settings and make a new connection...

May we know the type of Internet connection that you have? That will help us a lot...

corneto_20

#14 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hi Ashs35

Just wondering if you are using a router since you got a message of " 'this computer was manually disconnected from "NETGEAR". If using a router, we may suggest to double check the settings of your router. It would greatly help if you will uninstall and reinstall the router and then create a new connection. This will help to give you a fresh and new settings.

If you can give us the type of connection that you are using, please do include in your next reply.

corneto_20

#15 NicciAdonai

NicciAdonai

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

Click Start and type "Network" in the search box without the quotation marks. Wait for "Network and Sharing Center" to appear and click that. On the left side of the window, click "Manage Wireless Networks." A list of wireless profiles should appear. Delete all that you find (there may only be one). Next, close those windows and try to manually reconnect. If you have wireless security then YOU WILL BE PROMPTED FOR A PASSWORD at this point. If you have wireless security and don't know the password then we should probably find that before you do the above steps.

If this does not work you might try changing the SSID and channel on your router. It is possible that there is a nearby router with the same SSID/channel, or even a nearby device operating at the same frequency. Based on what you've told us this seems unlikely to be the cause, but it is something I would try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users