Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to manually remove all references to IE8 so i can reinstall IE7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

I need to know how to manually RIP OUT every single reference of ie8 from the disk, the registry, and my life. i am trying to reinstall ie7 as a trouble shooting step because IE8 is completely messed up. i cannot downgrade normally because the uninstall entry is missing. spuninst.exe fails to function.

i will rip the head off of anyone who responds with a cut and paste microsoft document because i am so fed up with people beating around the bush and assuming that there is some sort of easy to do this that inevitably will fail just like the rest.

I want a list of registry entries and files to delete. i am treating IE8 like a virus and wish to remove it by hand as such

Edited by mikeloeven, 12 April 2011 - 11:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cz-7

cz-7

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

I need to know how to manually RIP OUT every single reference of ie8 from the disk, the registry, and my life. i am trying to reinstall ie7 as a trouble shooting step because IE8 is completely messed up. i cannot downgrade normally because the uninstall entry is missing. spuninst.exe fails to function.

i will rip the head off of anyone who responds with a cut and paste microsoft document because i am so fed up with people beating around the bush and assuming that there is some sort of easy to do this that inevitably will fail just like the rest.

I want a list of registry entries and files to delete. i am treating IE8 like a virus and wish to remove it by hand as such

i 2nd that move too i have had a lot of trouble with ie8 from the start -- a system clean up would help!!

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

Nice first post.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

Agreed. Nothing like being polite is there.

In most cases Issues with IE are due to infected systems and not the program itself.

If you do some research on the net you will find that IE is an integral part of Windows and can not be completely removed without causing system instability.

"I want a list of registry entries and files to delete. i am treating IE8 like a virus and wish to remove it by hand as such"

Thats exactly what you should be checking for instead of blaming IE
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Nothing like virtual threats of violence to make somebody want to jump in and help with their first post. Way to read the forum rules and understand how we do things around here.

Everyone who is staff and members as well here, are volunteers and offer their time for free. They don't need you telling them how to reply especially in the way you did it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

Since 5 days have now arrived since last input by OP and I see nothing to be gained by leaving this open...I am closing this topic.

If topic merits reopening, I can be contacted by PM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users