Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELETE WINDOWS RESTORE ICON

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 cmoore7

cmoore7

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Good Morning. I have followed the instructions for removal of Windows Restore. I have unhidden all of my files that were hidden by Windows Restore. I have run RKill numerous times and run several Malware Antibytes scans and removals. Is it safe now to delete the Windows Restore icon from desktop and start panel?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

Good Morning. After removing Windows Restore, I am experiencing redirects when trying to access search engine results as well as script errors for pages that I am not trying to access(adyieldmanager.com, etc.). What can I do to remedy this situation? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hello, I combined your posts here to avid multiple responders.
First:
Please post your MBAM log
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6288

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

4/11/2011 2:57:17 PM
mbam-log-2011-04-11 (14-57-17).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|W:\|X:\|)
Objects scanned: 340927
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 13 minute(s), 21 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\oMaNKFWcCnXLENt (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Value: oMaNKFWcCnXLENt -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (PUM.Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
c:\documents and settings\administrator\start menu\Programs\windows restore (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\omankfwccnxlent.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\Temp\jar_cache46865.tmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\administrator\start menu\Programs\windows restore\uninstall windows restore.lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\administrator\start menu\Programs\windows restore\windows restore.lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#5 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6337

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

4/11/2011 4:58:33 PM
mbam-log-2011-04-11 (16-58-33).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 249749
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\19783476.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

After ESET let me know what still exists as issues.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\1\27e8c01-3dffb027 a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBF trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\13\318c2cd-40cc3252 multiple threats deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\14\392ecc4e-6f787079 multiple threats deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\36\110557a4-4307383a multiple threats deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\45\68c15ced-5e080ed6 Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBN trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\7\3fbc9f87-530e0679 a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBI trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\jar_cache19205.tmp multiple threats deleted - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QPJZS0RS\en5qlu[1].htm JS/Kryptik.Y trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QPJZS0RS\en5qlu[2].htm JS/Kryptik.Y trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\T39X7PS2\in[1].htm JS/Exploit.JavaDepKit.A trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined

#8 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

I am still being redirected when attempting to access links provided by an engine search.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ok, then it's either a TDSS infection or in the router. First this,takws 10 mins.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

#10 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Can't get TDSSKiller to run. Have tried everything listed several different ways. Any suggestions?

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

TDSSKiller from Command Prompt

Use the following command to scan the PC with a detailed log written into the file report.txt (created in the TDSSKiller.exe utility folder):
Open Command Prompt in XP = click Start >> Run,type cmd
copy and paste this at the flashing cursor and hit Enter

TDSSKiller.exe -l report.txt

#12 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

"TSSKiller.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Is your system 64 bit?
What's the antivirurs?

Run this and try again,
>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.

#14 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Still can't run TDSSKiller after downloading and running FixExe. AMD Athlon 64 Processor.

#15 cmoore7

cmoore7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

HELLO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users