Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wongwinwongwin

wongwinwongwin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I just come back from our anniversary trip with my wife. However, I discover that I lost my small bag, which contained a SD card and a usb external flash drive of the recorded video. I think I've left the bag in the bus.

In the trip, I directly "CUT and PASTE" our video files from the SD Card to the USB exteral flash drive WITHOUT saving the files into my portable computer (because of not enough space over internal harddisc).

Now, I have the following question.

1. Was it possible that during the process of "Cut and Paste" from SD card to USB exteranl flash drive, there were some video files left behind in my portable computer, so I can recover them now?

2. By means of the USB exteral flash drive, we watched the video through Quicktime in the trip. Was it possible that Quicktime has cached the video files somewhere in my computer so I can recover them now?

Grateful for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

The transfer would not have left behind any files. Also since you were viewing files from the usb it is unlikely they would be cached unless you have that option set in quicktime. Best bet is to search for all files with the extension that the movies are made under. Go to search under run and type a wildcard followed by the extension like *.mov.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users