Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install.log error message related to email link

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heyjude

heyjude

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

Hi,
I get a error message 'Wise Uninstall' Could not open install.log file' but it is not related to uninstalling a program. This error message comes up every time I click on an email link (such as 'contact us') in a website. I am at loss as to why this happens and can't think why or what it is related to. It has been happening for some weeks. I use Firefox as my browser but it also happens in Internet Explorer. My operating system is Windows XP SP3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Did you take a look in Event Viewer for clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Louis

#3 heyjude

heyjude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi Louis,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I've been absent from home for a few days so have just got back onto my desktop and found your reply.

I have looked at the Event viewer and there are lots of errors in the Application and System lists but nothing that makes sense to me, mainly because I don't really know what to look for. I also, can't recall exactly when the problem started so can't point to a particular date but it would be at least 2 months. I have made a copy of these lists - shall I post these here?

Sorry, I'm not very 'computer savvy' when it comes to solving these sort of problems but I would certainly appreciate your help and advice.

Judy.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

Ignore all adds, read content at http://www.khattam.info/could-not-open-installlog-file-problem-solved-2009-04-21.html .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users