Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Actually Works Like It's Supposed To

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceBar

SpaceBar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

Hi! It's good to be here. I figured I would join when things are actaully going well for me, rather than when I need support... I just got through re-installing everything microsoft for the first time all by myself. I've been using computers for a very long time (C64 days are not forgotten) however I am still completely computerilliterate. I know just enough to use my computer, nothing more. So, I'm proud of my recent accomplishment and figured I might as well get on here and start learning something. Thanks for having me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:42 PM

How unusual, to post when things are good ... congratulations on the re-install, SpaceBar.
That skill will enable you to continue to press forward in pursuit of further challenges,
knowing if it all goes south on you, you can start fresh again.

Knowing just enough to use your computer is at very least a step beyond just having a computer,
and not knowing how to use it. You are right about literacy, though.

Here you will become familiar with the terminology of computing, and then be able to talk
about problems before they happen, perhaps.

You also are qualified, regardless of the level of literacy you claim, to help others
in areas of using the computer you are capable of and they perhaps lack that
particular experience.

We are all illiterate about some things.

I was just reading about the fact that the chip manufacturers intend to abandon silicon
in favor of other materials and techniques in the not-to-distant future.
It seems they want to stayahead of Moore's Law, which states (apparently accurately) that
computing power will (and has) double every two years.

A billion transistors per chip just ain't enough.
We'll need a trillion in ten years, so welcome nanotechnology.

If you can double your own personal knowledge of computers and their use every 6 months,
shucks, you're keeping up!!

Welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! SpaceBar.
Glad to hear that your computer is running fine. Never hurts to use some preventive maintance.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users