Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect ME trojan and HTML script infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beaten but not broke

beaten but not broke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

OK im pretty sure i removed the source..but i did a boot time scan with AVAST and it said i had 4,000+ files still infected from the viruses...i wanted some help from an experienced person with maybe looking at my hijack this log and helping me with some problems on there i found...lol i am computer illiterate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

You may be dealing with a dangerous polymorphic file infector that typically infects thousands of .exe, .scr files, compressed files (.zip, .cab, .rar), and script files (.php, .asp, .htm, .html, .xml).

I recommend you get another opinion by downloading and scanning with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from one of the links provided below.
Link 1
Link 2Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:How to Install Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
How to use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove viruses
  • Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_9.0.0.722_22.01.2010_10-04.exe) to select your language and install the utility.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • When the 'Setup page' appears, click Next, check the box 'I accept the license agreement' and click Next twice more to begin extracting the required files.
  • Setup may recommend to scan the computer in Safe Mode. Click Ok.
  • A window will open with a tab that says Autoscan and one for Manual disinfection.
  • Click the green Start scan button on the Autoscan tab in the main window.
  • If malware is detected, you will see the Scan Alert screen. Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button, choose Critical events and select Save to save the results to a file (name it avptool.txt).
  • Copy and paste the report results of any threats detected and if they were successfully removed in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
  • When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010.
-- If you cannot run this tool in normal mode, then try using it in "safe mode".

Edited by quietman7, 12 April 2011 - 01:47 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users