You may be dealing with a dangerous polymorphic file infector
that typically infects thousands of .exe, .scr files, compressed files (.zip, .cab, .rar), and script files (.php, .asp, .htm, .html, .xml).
I recommend you get another opinion by downloading and scanning with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
from one of the links provided below.Link 1Link 2Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:How to Install Kaspersky Virus Removal ToolHow to use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove viruses
-- If you cannot run this tool in normal mode, then try using it in "safe mode".
- Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_188.8.131.522_22.01.2010_10-04.exe) to select your language and install the utility.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
- When the 'Setup page' appears, click Next, check the box 'I accept the license agreement' and click Next twice more to begin extracting the required files.
- Setup may recommend to scan the computer in Safe Mode. Click Ok.
- A window will open with a tab that says Autoscan and one for Manual disinfection.
- Click the green Start scan button on the Autoscan tab in the main window.
- If malware is detected, you will see the Scan Alert screen. Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
- Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
- In the Scan window click the Reports button, choose Critical events and select Save to save the results to a file (name it avptool.txt).
- Copy and paste the report results of any threats detected and if they were successfully removed in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
- When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010.
Edited by quietman7, 12 April 2011 - 01:47 PM.