Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Video Card For $80

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DigitalRifleman

DigitalRifleman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

My friend is building a cheap computer and has $80(+,- $5) to spend on a video card he wants to know the best video card you can for that price with 256MB RAM and has PCI-E X16 interface.

Thanks in advance,
Digital

Edited by DigitalRifleman, 29 December 2005 - 06:10 PM.

AMD 64 3200+ Socket 939
GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9
1 Gig PNY PC3200 RAM
80GB Western Digital Caviar 7200RPM HD
Lite On Dual Layer DVD-RW
GeForce 6800GS 256MB PCI-E X16 Video Card

Dont Have It Finished Yet HD Came DOA :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

Well, I guess it would depend on what your friend is trying to achieve. I'd imagine he or she would be doing games or something of the like with the 256 memory correct?

Well lets see, you can probably get around the lowest of the nvidia 6x00 series and Ati xX00 series. Also, those might be the earliest cards with pci-express.

I did a quick newegg search and came across these two cards, I don't know how good they are or how good the makers are, but these can be used as an example.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814139176

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814125004

*edit* when I first got this computer, I only had a $60 MSI x300 pci-e 128meg card.

Edited by Wizdabest, 29 December 2005 - 07:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users