Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with dual monitors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SmpsonH

SmpsonH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

I have the following setup: I have a windows 7 computer running 2 nvidia graphics cards with quad sli configuration. There are 2 hdmi inputs, and I have one hooked up to my monitor and one hooked up to my hdtv. I have had this same setup working for about 6 months now with little to no problems. Now, I unhooked my computer and moved it, but re-set it up with the same configuration. I didn't change anything except the physical hdmi cables that I'm using. It seemed to have forgot all resolution/display information for both my monitors when I turned it back on. I had to go in to the nvidia control panel and reset the monitor's resolution with no problems. The tv has the right resolution now, but has the same problem it always seems to have when first hooking it up which is the picture is larger than the screen so the top and bottom and part of the sides get cut off. Normally I'm able to go into the nvidia control panel and use the "resize desktop" button to solve this problem, but that button is only there for my main display, not the tv's. A second problem I am having is there is loud static coming through the tv when I turn it on. I have to hit mute to stop this from happening. I'm not sure why either of these things are happening now. There is another option in the Nvidia control panel that says the hdmi audio is enabled to the tv right now. If I try to turn it off, the tv screen goes black, and won't display anything anymore. Then when I turn sound back on, the picture comes back, but the colors are distorted until I reboot the computer. Very strange problem that I've never seen before. Could anybody help me solve either of these problems I'm having? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users