Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I E 9

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Styck

Styck

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

Recently did a complete system re install..Windows XP Pro xp3
Have all updtes up to date..
When I click I E 9 Download..I get a message..you've recently updated etc.Downloading I E 9 may make some programs not work
(or words to that effect)
Does that mean I can't get I E 9

Edited by jgweed, 13 April 2011 - 10:28 AM.
added topic description. jgw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

I believe IE 9 is only for win 7......

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Correct ,it's not for XP.
Internet Explorer 9 requires one of the following operating systems (or a later version):
Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

How to solve Internet Explorer 9 installation problems
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Styck

Styck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

I kinda figured that was the reason...oh well...back to my street corner sellin pencils n stuff so I can get a copy of Winders 7 :hysterical:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Good choice, I just watched John Stossel do a report where they were making $80 a day.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users