Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSoD - 0x7F 0x08 - Double Fault

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bobbert

Bobbert

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ok so I first bought my new laptop off of NewEGG and wanted to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro given to me by my school. I installed it no problem and no problems up till now, I had to find all the drivers on the Asus website and I installed all the recommended ones. I tried checking out if my graphics card was working well and ran a benchmark test and it was a terrible reading. Went to the NVidia website found out I had an older driver installed and installed the newer one at school. Turned off the laptop went home turned it on, blue screen.

Computer Specs:
ASUS G72X 17.3" Screen
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz
6 GB RAM
nVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M 1GB
Windows 7
x64

BSoD Errors:
This error I get when I try to boot with the Windows 7 Install disk I have:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000CE6FD02, 0xFFFFF880009A9088, 0xFFFFF880009A88E0)

And then the other error I can't produce again because when I try to run the System Recovery or Repair it produces a
*** STOP: 0x0000007F (cant get the 4 parameters as it went away fast.

** Update **
As I am typing this I tried booting the laptop and it came with a new BSoD error:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000C0D30A3, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000020)
Which I googled and it came back with faulty hardware; RAM or mother board issues, which doesn't make sense because it is a new computer and this all started after I installed new drivers.

I have tried everything in the Advanced Boot Options

Repair your computer - blue screened
Safe modes - blue screen
boot logging - blue screen
low res - blue screen
debug - blue screen
etc..

When I run the Safe Mode boot it goes like this:
Loads everything...
Hangs at AVGIDSEH.sys and blue screens.

I looked that up and found AVG had a problem with x64 bit computers and downloaded a recovery disk from them. Tried it and it hangs when it I try to recovery. I also downloaded a Windows 7 Recovery disk and it blue screens on me after loading everything. I even tried to download the DBAN disk nuker because I am very annoyed with it and I thought a fresh copy would do me some good, but before I can even do anything in his utility, it hangs. I think that has to do with the linuxsys thing or w\e it runs with. Anyway. I need help. Badly. If I have to send the computer back to NewEGG I will, it will be the second time though, as the first laptop the F5, F6, F7 keys didn't work, now im blue screening.

Someone please help me. I am truly at my wits end.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Since this is a new laptop, sending it back would be your best option, especially since you had problems before.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users